Effective Date: November 1, 2016
- by email at email@example.com;
- by telephone at 1-613-695-1655; or
- by mail at: 197 Strathcona Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1S 1X7, Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Personal Information We Collect
Escape Manor and its employees, servants, agents, contractors, service providers, partners and representatives collect Personal Information in a variety of circumstances, including at the time of reservation, at point of sale, when using our Websites and in recruitment processes. The following types of information are examples of what may be collected:
- Contact Information (e.g. name, address, home/mobile telephone number or e-mail address);
- Payment Information (e.g. credit and debit information)
- Photos and Likeness (e.g. photos and videos captured during escape room activities);
- Service-Specific Information (e.g. age and birthdate of a guest requesting alcohol);
- Survey Information (e.g. information provided in your responses to our surveys);
- Website Preferences (e.g. online settings and preferences on our Websites); and
- Job Application Information (e.g. biographical information)
Use of Your Personal Information
We use Personal Information for a number of purposes, including:
- Escape Room Experiences: Personal contact and credit/debit card information will be used by us to process your reservations and escape room purchases. In these cases, credit/debit card information is only used for the purposes required to process and complete the transaction and/or service requested by you, and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes or as otherwise required by law.
- Escape Photos: Your photo or likeness may be posted online through our Websites or third party websites in connection with escape room activities (i.e. successful escape photos). You will be notified of this intent and will have the opportunity to decline such posting(s).
- General Administration: Your name, address and telephone number will be stored by us as a record of your use of our products and services, including for audit and refund verification purposes. We may use your age and birthdate to determine eligibility to purchase alcohol or participate in age-restricted escape room activities.
- Marketing Activities: If you have opted in, we may send physical and electronic messages advising you of upcoming Escape Manor promotions, events and other news.
- Safety and Security: Escape Manor monitors its premises, electronically or otherwise, for crime deterrence and detection purposes, to which you implicitly consent when you visit our locations and expressly consent to by signing our legal release and waiver of liability. In the event of accident or theft, Escape Manor may collect, use and disclose information related to the incident or theft as required for operational, insurance, legal or other necessary purposes.
- Contests/Promotions: Escape Manor runs online and in-store contests from time to time. We may require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (for online entries) and we may also require proof of your age for the purposes of determining eligibility, prize notification and fulfilment and related purposes in connection with the contest. Contact information may be required to administer other benefits our guests have requested or accepted.
- Surveys: Escape Manor will occasionally conduct surveys and market research by various methods. These surveys and market research may ask you about your escape room and entertainment preferences, your age, gender, region of residence or personal biographical or other information that may assist Escape Manor in understanding the preferences of its guests. Your participation in such surveys or market research is entirely voluntary and, in many cases, you may be able to participate anonymously.
- Other Uses: We may also use Personal Information, where necessary, for: (a) establishing, maintaining and/or fulfilling relationships with our business partners, third-party vendors of products and/or services, as well as our corporate and business customers; (b) evaluating job applications or resumes which are sent to us (either by mail, electronic mail, through our Websites, or via third party Websites which advertise or list job openings); and (c) conducting operating, administering and otherwise managing our business, to satisfy legal, regulatory, security, audit, financial and processing requirements, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information collected by Escape Manor is not disclosed to other parties, except as follows:
The Websites consist of all content thereon and all other domain names, worldwide web addresses, uniform resource locators, URL’s and webpages which are solely owned and/or operated by Escape Manor, and which link or otherwise connect to the Websites. On the Websites, visitors may register to receive customized information, enter contests, participate in polls or surveys or purchase products and/or services. Escape Manor does not collect Personal Information about you unless you choose to provide us with such information in order to purchase a service or product, or participate in Escape Manor events or activities, online or otherwise, and for which the provision of such Personal Information is necessary or reasonable.
Individuals who provide us with their telephone numbers online will only be telephoned by us with respect to bookings or other products or services that they have requested. If you make inquiries of Escape Manor directly by e-mail, or through our Websites, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant department and are not stored or used for other purposes (other than maintaining a record of our correspondence with you).
Unsubscribe / Deletion Requests
Our unsubscribe practices are set out below:
- E-Mail: By signing up for our VIP mailing list you agree to receive electronic messages from us. If you initially choose to receive e-mail from us, but subsequently choose not to receive e-mail from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions on the Websites, in our e-mail or contact us at the coordinates listed above.
- Online Posts: If you wish us to remove any content featuring your Personal Information from any of our Websites, please contact us at the coordinates listed above.
The nature of the internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about each individual’s use of the internet. This information may be associated with an individual’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address. This is a unique internet "address" which is assigned to all internet users by their Internet Service Provider ("ISP"). Our server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, time and duration of visit, webpages requested, as well as identifying categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. Escape Manor only uses these statistics on an aggregate basis in order for us to improve our Websites and marketing activities.
You may disable cookies using your browser's settings. Please consult your browser's help function for information on how to disable cookies. Note that if you disable cookies, certain features of our Websites will not function to their fullest potential.
We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Escape Manor and its employees, servants, agents, contractors, legal, accounting or other service providers, partners, and representatives who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information. You transmit or provide all Personal Information entirely at your own risk.
Consent to Transfer
Escape Manor’s Websites are operated on equipment located in Canada. If you are located in a foreign country please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Canada. By visiting any of our Websites, purchasing our products or services, participating in our online community and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. Regardless of your location, we shall protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note that the Personal Information which you provide to us will be held and used in accordance with such Canadian federal or provincial laws as exist from time to time, and as are applicable.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
© 2023 Escape Manor Inc.