Italian Week Ottawa
You are officially registered for the Italian Week Scavenger Hunt - powered by Escape Manor. Here is some information you need to know:
The Escape Manor Team
- Your hunt starting package and link will be sent to you via email on Friday, June 18th at 7:00PM
- Please be sure to check your ‘junk’, ‘spam’, and ‘promo’ boxes for your starting email, as sometimes messages with links get sent there.
- You will have an individual link within your email which will take you to your individual hunt tracking page. This is where you will input all of your answers and indicate completion of tasks.
- You can open and close this page at any time and your answers/progress will be saved. You can also open it on different devices.
- The prizes work as a draw system. The more points you achieve the more prize bundle draws you qualify for. As you progress in points, you are automatically qualified for each draw whose points threshold has been met. If you achieve full points you qualify for all 3 draws.
- There is a prize for best spirit. This will be judged via your posts to Facebook +/or Instagram by the Italian Week Committee.
- All posts to Facebook +/or Instagram must include the following two hashtags: #ItalianWeekOttawa AND #EscapeManor to qualify.
- Individual scores will not be given after the event.
- Winners will be notified at 7PM on Sunday June 20th.
How do I play?
It’s pretty simple, you register on this page, we send you a confirmation email (be sure to check your ‘junk’, ‘spam’ +/or ‘promotions’ folders) and then send you your link to play (via email) on the day of the event at 7pm. Click the link and you will have access to the directions and your own individual sheet to record your answers. There are trivia questions, riddles, and items that will need to be found by searching online and (optionally) on Preston Street. There will also be a requirement to post photos (or videos if you prefer) to Facebook or Instagram with the two Hashtags below (so we can find them) #ItalianWeekOttawa #EscapeManor
How many participants can be on a team? Can I play alone?
Hunters can play alone or as a team. There is no limit as to how many can be on your team. Each paid registration acts as a qualifier for the prize draws. All scores on a team are tracked individually and teams can internally agree to split prizes if one or more of them win a prize bundle.
How do I track my answers, progress, score?
On the day the hunt begins (June 18th) you will receive a personal URL link from us via email, this will take you to your personal tracking card where you will enter your answers and track your progress. The link will work across any web enabled device, therefore you can start on your laptop, close it and then pick up where you left off on your phone, tablet, etc… Neat eh? For the online posts, we ask that you include the following two hashtags with each post (#ItalianWeekOttawa and #EscapeManor) this will allow us to score your posts.
What are the prizes?
There are $8200 in prizes donated from amazing companies, groups and individuals in the community, including a grand prize home theatre system from title sponsor, CapitalSound.ca
How do you win the prizes?
There are three draws, one for each prize tier (bronze, silver, and gold). In order to qualify for the tiers, you must achieve the point threshold associated with each tier: Bronze = 25-50pts, Silver = 51-75pts, Gold = 76 -100+ points. There is also a spirit prize for the individual who demonstrates the most spirit in their online posts, this will be decided upon by the Italian Week committee.
Where do winners get their prizes?
The winners will be contacted on Sunday June 20th at 7pm and will need to make arrangements to pick up their prizes from the organizing committee. Winners may be asked to join in a photo opportunity with the prize sponsor.
Do you need to be a certain age to play?
No. The hunt is designed for those 16 and older but anyone is welcome to join in. Those participating as a paid registrant, under the age of 16 must have consent from a parent or guardian.
What equipment/access do you need to play?
In order to participate, you will need the following:
- Computer +/or smartphone with internet access
- A Facebook or Instagram account (1 account can be used for a group)
- Access to a phone